Pages

20101222

Growing crops: armed with handguns against AK47-gangs…

 

Two Boer-farmers in South Africa describe their terror-filled lives on besieged farms: they have to risk their lives working in the veldt, armed with handguns against black militia-groups who plan their attacks with AK47s with military precision. Yet this remaining handful of valiant farmers is still feeding the nation:

--------------------------

Farm attacks: latest list of names of murdered farmers, kin, workers and visitors:

http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2010/12/farm-murders-victim-names-1994-2010_18.html

-----------------------------

My father was murdered in front of my sixteen-year-old son

Lotz L farm murder June2010 father murdered in front of 16-y.o. grandson December 20, 2010 – L Lotz, a reader of the Afrikaans-daily Beeld, reacting to criticism that farmers ‘aren’t alert to murder-attacks’, writes: “my dad was murdered in July this year in front of my sixteen-year-old son. The murderers arrived at the homestead at 4am after poisoning three fierce guard-dogs with temik. They shot dead the fourth dog...”

-----------------------------

My wife and children were staying with my parents on the family farm to help them out after dad ‘s surgery. My wife did have a gun and fortunately those barbarians could not get their hands on it. My dad however was too ill after surgery to handle a gun. And my children surely cannot each sleep with a gun at their side?

Have you ever had to work night and day with a firearm on your side and even sleep with it after activating your security system? As a farmer you have to carry out your daily tasks and you can’t go about with feelings of revenge while doing your job.

In some stage while working you would be on your back, fixing things or you’d be standing amongst the livestock with your back to whoever. After the farm-attack, our insurance company Landmark then still sent a private detective to establish that we did not commit fraud after the murderers fled with my vehicle. We notified the vehicle as stolen but the insurance company just ‘wanted to make certain that I was not involved in having my father murdered and claim R100,000 insurance…’

These farm-attackers are well-organised, they have time on their side and they observe their target in a military-style operation, they try to eliminate us through our weakest points.

However we also live in a society where we have to earn a living and where we have to look after our workers and our family. It is my right to not have to walk around with a firearm all day long and wanting to take revenge against everything which moves. And no, dogs don’t.

And have you ever thought about the consequences if you were to shoot dead a home-invader, and you end up in prison for murder and are forced to leave your family behind, uncared for?

Society has no idea what any human being goes through when your family-members are murdered. Would you dare to defend your wife and children with the (only legally-allowed) handgun against those AK47s waiting for you out there… then we could talk about farm-security with each other… .http://www.volksblad.com/MyVolksblad/Briewe/My-pa-voor-my-seun-16-vermoor-20101220 L. Lotz

---------------------------

Reply: My brother, 21, was stabbed to death in the Cape”…

G.Coetzee of gcatsea@yahoo.com from Bloemfontein reacted: “First of all my most sincere sympathies with your loss. Mr Lotz, I do know what it feels like to lose a family-member. My brother was stabbed to death at the age of 21 in the Cape. And believe me, I am very security-aware. One way is to keep your dogs inside your home and to always keep your gun right next to you at all times. This isn’t about ‘feelings of revenge’, this is done to defend yourself against any possible attacks. If my house is invaded by attackers or if anyone shoots at my, believe me I won’t worry about going to prison because I defended myself, I will do everything in my power to protect myself and my family at that moment. That’s why an armed security guard is also a good idea to have on a farm as a deterrent against attack-gangs with AK47s. Because those gangs go for ‘soft targets’ such as ill and elderly Boers. Farmers have to adjust their lifestyles even if it’s drastic. Much strength to all of you. G Coetzee
gcatsea@yahoo.com, Bloemfontein

---------------------

  Lotz L farm murder June2010 father murdered in front of 16-y.o. grandson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.