Pages

20100305

US pastor on hunger strike to protest against farm murders

Pastor Theresa Wiid of Walland near Knoxville, USA is heartbroken about the farm murders

US-based Pastor Theresa Wiid - who now lives and works in Walland - near Knoxville, Tennessee - has embarked on a hunger-strike on February 8 2010 -- to publicly protest against the high violent-crime epidemic – specifically against the many cruelly-executed farm murders on commercial farms in South Africa. She writes me: "I do not eat anything at all throughout the whole fast. A week prior to my fast I also did cut out all starch, bread, meat etc and consumed lots of fiber; largely veggies to help my body adjust to the changes.

Pastor Theresa Wiid Walland Tennessee Hunger Strike against SA farm murders March2010 (2)"I also drank carrot juice the first few days into the fast.”  She does maintain her daily sugar-level with 250ml of diluted grape-juice as she is hypoglycemic.

"What is happening to our farmers  is far greater than my comfort - and this is the driving force behind this fast.

“Each time I want to give up I think of those people who have lost their lives - husbands, fathers, wives, mothers, sons and daughters...'

And she is haunted by the brutal manner in which so many have died since 1987. She also strongly believes it to be her calling to return to her home country - South Africa – to come and stand by her people in their hour of greatest need.

"I believe that the Lord has called me to return despite what is happening in South Africa,' she writes. Reach her at her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1092024277888#!/photo.php?pid=3414850&id=663589164

This is what she is protesting against:

Updated name list March 2 2010 of South African farm murders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.