20090915

Centurion women’s gang rapists found guilty

 

“These three women testified how they had  pleaded and prayed, begging their kidnappers to not rape them – but the accused just laughed …’ said magistrate Solomon Mkhabela in his summary….

Centurion women gangrapists guilty PretoriaNews Sept 14 2009 p2 September 14 2009 – PRETORIA REGIONAL COURT. Herman Scholtz of Beeld newspaper reports that regional magistrate Solomon Mkhabela has found guilty three accused gang-rapists/kidnappers James Slinger (18), David Edward Sekole (21) and Luvuyo Ntsaba (20). (The case continues for the sentencing procedure.)

Rapists are caught very infrequently in South Africa. That’s why the fact that police had caught this particularly vicious rape-gang with one of their Afrikaans victims still in the boot of her hijacked car after a high-speed car chase, drew some media attention during their week-long trial. Yesterday, magistrate Solomon Mkhabela  rejected the testimony by the three black men as ‘rubbish’ during his summary.

South Africa has the highest rape-rates in the world.  Yet in 2008, the record shows that only one rapist was convicted for every 400 women reported raped in the country. For official latest available SAPS statistics for 2007/8: view ‘documents’ on http://www.saps.gov.za

Magistrate Mkhabela said the prosecution had proven beyond any doubt that this was the gang which had kidnapped three (Afrikaans) Centurion women in May and June 2007, thrown them in the boots of their own hijacked cars, threatened to torture them with boiling water and threatening to insert sticks into their vaginas – and he also commented that ‘their kidnappers/rapists had laughed when the women pleaded and prayed constantly not to be raped.’

He also noted that one of the victims testified that right after the rape ordeal, she had told the gang to rather kill her now; and that she had later tried to kill herself.

  • “They merely laughed at her and she testified that she just climbed back into the car-boot after the rape,’ he noted in his verdict summary.

Mkhabela  said in his summary that all three victims had provided ‘honest, sincere and believable testimony, whereas the three accused talked rubbish. All the women had pleaded with the accused to ‘please take everything but leave us alone.’ All three women also testified another fact which linked Sekole to all three kidnappings, namely that Sekole, who drove their hijacked vehicles at each of these three seperate kidnappings,  had been a ‘very poor driver who could not find the gearshifts or even properly drive off in the car.’ “

He raped her ‘because he had a mother and sister to support…’

The regional court magistrate also pointed out that Slinger and Ntsaba’s claimed alibis that they were at their homes during these kidnappings/rapes, ‘turned out to be untrue as the State did not call any witnesses to confirm any of these claims.’ He also made short shrift of Sekole’s claim that he’d had a ‘romantic involvement’ with one of the rape-victims, whom the kidnapper had referred to as ‘Annemarie’, claiming that she’d given him ‘yellow pills to have sex’ – and that this was the reason his DNA was found on her. The magistrate also accepted as believable the victim’s testimony  that Sekole had told ‘Annemarie’ that he ‘had to rape her ‘because he had a mother and sister to support’.

Mkhabela said all three women also positively identified the men who had kidnapped, robbed and raped them, the DNA and other evidence also supported their testimony, which had been reliable.

Guilty findings:

He found Slinger guilty on two counts of theft, one count of rape, one kidnapping and armed robbery. Ntsaba was found guilty of rape and two counts of theft. Sekole was found guilty of two rape counts, four counts of kidnapping, three counts of armed robberies.

Throughout the week, these three devout Afrikaans women who had been kidnapped from their driveways in Centurion, had to face the smirking, unrepentant suspects in the court-room, the news media reported. Two Afrikaans journalists attended the case this week in the Pretoria Regional Court .

This week, in their ongoing trial, one of the men “flipped the bird” at magistrate Solomon Mkhabela, reported Hanti Otto in the Pretoria News.  And he did it twice…

Ethnic identification censored out of South African news reports:

The ethnic-identification of the three victims was censored out of the original South African news reports. However our own enquiries at the court show that all three rape/kidnap victims were young, religious Afrikaans women from Centurion.

Their race is very relevant in this case, because these women, being white, had been deliberately picked out as ‘soft, rich targets’ by this gang: this was no crime of ‘opportunity’. Instead, these Afrikaans women’s homes were watched for days to establish their daily patterns before they were hijacked in their Centurion driveways, kidnapped,  dumped in their car boots, driven around for nearly two days, gang-raped, and their bank accounts looted during their long ordeal.

Sekole flipped the bird at the investigating team:

During the trial Sekole had been particularly unrepentant: he once rubbed his cheek with his middle finger, writes Otto; ‘then turned his head towards the investigating team sitting in the dock. And while walking to the holding cells, he again made a "zap" sign at them”, writes the journalist in a report on page 3 of Pretoria News on September 10, 2009

Among the forensic evidence were fingerprints and DNA of the accused. The women also identified the rapists in the courtroom – and one could even describe a tattoo worn by Ntsaba. 

View YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXJ5Pz_lzWk

sources and reports:

Wimpy manager murder: 2 in Kempton court Sept 21 2009

 

CCTV video footage showed two black fellow-workers bludgeoning and knifing the young Afrikaner to death

Theron Lambert murdered Wimpy Manager Sept 2009 Kempton Park September 14 2009 – KEMPTON PARK, Johannesburg, South Africa. Two local Wimpy snack-bar workers, arrested as the prime suspects in the ‘revenge-murder’of 20-year-old Afrikaner manager Lambert Theron on Sept 6 – and which was recorded on the shop’s closed-circuit TV video footage --  are scheduled for an appearance in the Kempton Park magistrate’s court on Monday, September 21.

The two suspects, Lloyd Katsande and Fanie Msiza, both 25, were lifted from their beds only hours after the gruesome murder -- after police had viewed CCTV video vootage of the incident.

Picture: Lambert Theron, 20, who worked as a manager at the Festival Mall Wimpy Bar in Kempton Park – near the railway station -- was murdered on Sunday-evening September 6 2009. This horrific incident was only reported in the Kempton Express paper, owned by Caxton – which does not have an internet news-website. It was not reported in other news media.

The young Afrikaner was just closing up shop when two co-workers demanded that the manager must give them money from the till to 'borrow', witnesses have reported. Mr Theron told them however that he couldn't - as it was the company's money, not his.

They even cut off his lips – the traditional revenge to indicate a ‘liar’:

According to the closed-circuit TV video footage of the incident, police said  that two black co-workers were then allegedly seen attacking the young Afrikaner. According to the forensic evidence, Theron was stabbed, his teeth were kicked out, his lips were cut off and his head was crushed by a meat-hammer.

The only newspaper reporting this alleged revenge-killing was the local Kempton Express, which is published by Caxton newspaper. email kemptonexpress@caxton.co.za editor Ms Christa Smit, tel 011 970-3030. They have no news-website. We thus publish the clipping provided to us about this report and have been able to obtain other evidence from very well-placed sources in Kempton Park.

We invite readers to please also send us any pictures of the late Mr Theron to complete our records, and any public court documents they could obtain for publication during the course of the trial.

The two suspects were lifted from their beds at 2am Monday morning after police had viewed the Sunday-evening murder on the close-circuit camera videos.

The murder was discovered late on Sunday-night after Theron's father Johan Sr. 64, had sent his other son Johan junior, 24, to go and look for Lambert  when he failed to return home.

  • The brother found the mutilated corpse of his young brother in the shop's dressing room, and the father and brother then contacted the local police. However two of the cops who arrived to investigate, reportedly were 'very arrogant', according to witness reports, and had even chased the traumatised father from the Wimpy restaurant. Comment about this could not be obtained from the police, however the police did confirm that, after having viewed the horror-scenes of the young man’s murder on the closed-circuit TV video recording at the shop, the police immediately drove to the workers' homes - finding them asleep in their beds.

Murder was an ‘accident’…

Theron Lambert 20 murdered in black racist revenge Wimpy Kempton Sept72009Police also confirmed that the suspects still had R1,000 in cash with them when arrested – apparently stolen from the Wimpy till, as well as Theron's cellphone and other items belonging to the young manager. Family members and friends say that ‘the arrested men’s comments to the investigating police officers were that the murder had been 'an accident'. 

The forensic examination revealed that his head had not only been caved in with a meat-hammer – but they also counted 30 stab-wounds all over his body – besides the fact that his teeth had been kicked out and his lips were sliced off. The suspects’  arraignment will take place in the Kempton Park magistrate's court, Capt Jethro Mtshali of the local-cop shop, said.

The murdered young Afrikaner was buried on Thursday-afternoon amidst much public interest. Local Afrikaans community members say they are up in arms about the cruel murder – which they said was based on pure anti-white racism. source of picture:  coertbotha@hotmail.com

SAPS censors murder report to news media?

Strangely, the SA Police Service’s daily reports of crimes to the news media did not include this particularly horrific murder in their lineup – and neither have they reported this in their SAPS Journal online – which usually is very quick to record ‘police successes’, has not published this particularly gruesome murder nor details about the rapid arrests of the suspects thus far. 

Wimpy targetted before:

  • This same Wimpy also was the scene of an armed robbery on 29 May 2006 as well. Staffers then were confronted by two black men inside the diner at about 08:00 and screamed for help, spokeswoman Cynthia Kleinhans said. The pair ran off and some of the mall's informal, unarmed car guards then gave chase. Police and metro police arrived and one man was arrested carrying a firearm and the restaurant's keys. The second man had run into the veld and was shooting at the police. He was arrested about 20 minutes later in CR Swart road. He was shot in the leg during this arrest.

  • Festival Mall Wimpy, Kempton Park: telephone(011) 394 1985