20090904

White teachers under siege

 

PhJOBURG WHITE TEACHER LIVES IN CAR DISMISSED BECAUSE HES WHITEoto: Bongiwe Mchune, The Star

September 4 2009 By Angelique Serrao. The Star, Johannesburg.

A 59-year-old (Afrikaans) teacher, left,  is living in his car in a Johannesburg park after being forced out of a teaching post. He claims he was dismissed because he is white.

This is just one of several problems teachers say they face at some Johannesburg schools.

Philip du Plessis, the (white) principal at Bedfordview High School, where the white teacher also had been forced out, has also been intimidated and hired bodyguards to protect him from “certain members of his staff during meetings because he has been threatened and physically attacked, allegedly by SA Democratic Teachers Union (Sadtu) members,’ according to independent investigations carried out by The Star journalist.

Collapsed at school from stress:

The principal, Philip du Plessis, would not comment to the Star, but it has independently been verified by The Star that he has been threatened, attacked, and this week collapsed at school because of the stress.

  • Power struggles at schools are not unique to this school and are being experienced by others around greater Joburg.

Threats: “the whites’ days are numbered at schools…’

Other problems identified by The Star include allegations by subject consultants who work at various schools who say they have seen principals bring bodyguards to meetings and one whose office is locked with security gates so that nobody can get to him.

"A principal even found listening devices in his office... There is not a doubt in my mind that principals are under siege," the consultant said.

white teachers under siegeAnother principal has a R1.5 million defamation case against Sadtu for all the allegations that are being made against him. Since the papers suing the union have been delivered, the threats have got worse.

One principal at a school in Boksburg/Ekurhuleni received sms-es every day over a week from a number he did not recognise.

The SMSes read:

  • WARNING breakins at school. YOU are next then your staff. Be warned watch your back
  • We know you not at school today and we will get you tomorrow. We know your every move
  • Are you scared?
  • Tomorrow is YOUR day
  • The whites ‘ days are numbered at school…

    “Not race-based’ claims department:

    The Gauteng Department of Education has denied the problem at Bedfordview was race-based. Instead, said Sadtu's Ronald Nyathi, “said some white principals opposed transformation”. He said former Model C schools (with primarily white pupils) were "becoming 100 percent black" and “white principals were not happy with this."

    “What we have observed is that white principals have a general reluctance towards affirmative action. Teachers see them as racist, and a white principal cannot work with black teachers."

    • He said he was not aware of any ‘intimidation” at that school.

    Lots of days I don’t have any food, said ousted teacher:

    The Department of Education memorandum, seen by The Star, listed 63 problems identified by teachers at the Bedfordview school. Many of them even ‘accused the principal of stealing school funds.’ The ousted teacher has been living in his car for five months, after a contract job he had for many years was discontinued.

    • "There are lots of days when I don't have any food. I'm so emotional about this," the teacher said

    SADTU-affiliated teachers said they don’t want white teachers at the school:

    This teacher was one of two who were forced to leave the school. On his first day at the school, a staff meeting was held and the deputy principal made an objection to the posts. "At the meeting, Sadtu-affiliated teachers openly said they did not want white teachers at the school," he told The Star.

    A parent said the school was being run by the(black) deputy principal Thomas Mhlanga -- who had said many times that he was supposed to have been appointed as principal. The parent alleges she was threatened by him.

    • The deputy, Thomas Mhlanga, said “there were no problems at the school and that everything was exaggerated”

    MEC says safety no issue
    Gauteng Education MEC Barbara Creecy has been travelling around the province to meet principals in recent weeks.
    She said that at these meetings, only one principal had raised the issue of his personal safety, and this was at the Afrikaans-language Die Burger High School in Johannesburg.

    • The MEC said that at Die Burger and Senaoane High, the department instituted investigations into alleged assaults of the principals.
    • At Senaoane High, three teachers have been suspended pending departmental disciplinary processes. Assault cases have also been opened.

    In the case of Die Burger, the investigation is continuing because the principal has been unable to identify any assailants. Creecy said the department was implementing a five-year strategic plan that places principals at the centre of the development of effective schools. With regard to Bedfordview High, Creecy said their investigations had shown there was “no racism involved in the dismissal of the teachers”. She said the principal “had not consulted the school governing body regarding the appointments, and the SGB was now correcting this. The issues at Bedfordview High are not race related, but are about non-compliance with appointment procedures and processes," she said.

    Meanwhile, the SA Council for Educators has expressed dismay over violence, both physical and psychological, against teachers.

    With Afrikaners increasingly impoverished, Afrikaans students and pupils also face enmity when they try to get educated in their own language in the public educational facilities, with the ANC-government rapidly closing down and barring Afrikaans-language education in public facilities:

    View video: Afrikaans student protesthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyssYM5HkNE

    Poor white Afrikaners refused public housing in Wolmer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7EjboVDIco

  • Blanke Zuid-Afrikaan geldt in Canada als vluchteling

     

    Article in Dutch news-media about white South African refugee in Canada:

    In Dutch -- vrijdag 4 september 2009 00:33 door Anno Zijlstra

    Huntley Brandon persecuted white SA granted asylum in CanadaCanada heeft een blanke Zuid-Afrikaan erkend als ”racistisch vervolgde”. Het regerende ANC is woedend. De man werd in totaal zeven keer door zwarte Zuid-Afrikanen overvallen. Hij gaf aan dat de regering niets zou ondernemen wat betreft de criminaliteit tegen blanken. De immigratieautoriteit besliste dat de blanke ”veelmeer een slachtoffer vanwege zijn ras dan een slachtoffer van criminaliteit is.” Erkenning van racisme tegen een blanke – in het politiek correcte Europa onvoorstelbaar!

    De Canadese autoriteiten hebben een blanke Zuid-Afrikaan als vluchteling erkend, zoals de advocaat van de man dinsdag bekendmaakte. De man had verklaard dat blanken in Zuid-Afrika het doelwit van zwarte criminelen zouden zijn en dat de regering niets zou ondernemen om hen te beschermen. De autoriteiten wilden niet reageren op het geval. Bron: Het Vrije Volk, Nederland. Bron

    Lijkt me inpakken en weg wezen geblazen  als blanke daar,ik kwam in Thailand ook Zuid Afrikanen tegen die gevlucht zijn, in Nederland ken ik een Nederlander die weg is gevlucht,het moet daar een hel zijn nu voor blanken.

    Toon gerelateerde artikelen Tags: vluchten, geweld, overvallen, zuid afrika

    1 reacties Volg reacties met RSS aanbevelen afbevelen Waarschuw de redactie 

    Reactie - Adriana Stuijt 04-09-2009 23:55

    ‘’ Als voormalig journaliste bij de Sunday Times of Johannesburg hou ik nu een archief bij van de misdadige geweldsspiraal waarin Zuid-Afrika is gevallen sedert 1994. De blanken maken 6% uit van de bevolking, maar worden volgens de misdaadstatistieken vermoord, aangevallen, beroofd en verkracht tegen een gemiddeld percentage van 25% van de totale bevolkingsgroep. Er is dus duidelijk iets eigenaardigs aan de hand.

    Deze gewelddadige misdaadgolf van 90 moorden/doodslagen per dag is ook de aanleiding voor de reuze-vlucht van de best-opgeleiden in het land:

    • er zijn al zo'n 1-miljoen vooral jonge gezinnen permanent uit het land vertrokken, waaronder 800,000 Afrikaanstalige blanken zijn. Dat vertegenwoordigt een-derde van de volledige blanke Afrikaner bevolking.
    • Volgens de Solidariteit-vakbond in ZA's hulporganisatie voor armlastigen, de Helpende Hand, zijn er nu een-miljoen blanke armlastigen, dikwijls werkloos, zonder uitkeringen omdat ze blank zijn, en die in krotten over het hele land wonen. De fotos van deze blanke gezinnen zijn te zien op de website van http://www.solidariteit.co.za - Helpende Hand.

    Dit probleem komt vooral door het 'zwarte-bemachtigingsbeleid' van de ZA regering, de wetgeving die blanken de toegang tot de arbeidsmarkt verbiedt.

    Ik heb lange lijsten van namen, fotos en bronvermeldingen opgesteld van blanke gezinnen die in de steden en op het platteland op grote schaal door grote gewapende zwarte benden in hun bedden 's nachts overvallen worden, en dikwijls wordt er daartijdens maar weinig gestolen, maar meestal wordt het gezinshoofd vermoord of in elk geval in zo'n mate verminkt en/of getraumatiseerd dat het gezin bijna onmiddellijk haar hoofdbron van inkomsten verliest.

    Veel Nederlanders worden ook slachtoffer van deze slachtpartijen, o.a. een Nederlands boerengezin: de Bosch-familie, vader en moeder; en een Nederlandse oud-strijder in Kaapstad in een bejaardencomplex - maar ook vele anderen sedert 1994.

    Er was tot dusver echter nog maar een Nederlandse journalist, Bram Vermeulen, Nederlands Journalist van het Jaar 2009, die de moed had om over deze slachtpartijen te schrijven. Lees zijn boek erover maar: 'Help ik ben Blank geworden". censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com